I originally started trialling this recipe in the summer when it was hot and I wanted BBQ food. Although I’m finding that even now heading into winter I am still eating it! It’s sticky and sweet and goes well with comfort food such as mash potatoes. This serving covers either 4 thighs or two leg portions, and can easily be frozen after the chicken has been cooked. Ensure that your food is thoroughly heated through if reheated the chicken after cooking.
covers 4 thighs or 2 legs, ❄️
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sugar (taste and add more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 tbsp water (leave out if just using the sauce for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Mix all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and put to one side
- When the oven is up to temperature put the chicken on a tray, score the skin on the thighs with a knife, and place in the oven for 10 minutes
- Take chicken out and brush over the sauce And return to the oven for a further 20 mins
- OPTIONAL: Finnish off on the BBQ for a chargrilled effect for 2-5 mins
This sauce can also be used as just a dipping sauce. It can also be easily doubled for more chicken.